Andrée Evans

Andrée has many years’ experience counselling adults, young people and children in community health, not-for-profit organisations, primary and secondary schools and university counselling services. Andrée is registered with the Psychology Board of Australia, and is recognised as an endorsed Counselling Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulatory Authority (AHPRA). She has a Masters in Psychology (Counselling) from Monash University, along with graduate and post graduate psychological studies. She is a full member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS), and a member of the APS College of Counselling Psychologists. Andrée has also completed a Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis and is a associate member of Australian Society of Hypnosis. Her Approach The starting point for every therapeutic relationship is a deep respect for each individual. Andrée greatly values each client’s unique life experiences and personal resources. Sharing in the client’s story is a privilege which deserves integrity, professionalism and compassion. A respectful partnership is developed based around the client’s goals and needs. Informed by regular client feedback, counselling is individually tailored from a range of therapeutic approaches: humanistic, cognitive behaviour therapy, solution focussed therapy, mindfulness, clinical hypnosis, narrative therapy, sand tray and play therapy, family systems work and social skills training. Andrée has special interests in anxiety, depression, trauma, life transitions, grief and loss, work place issues, personality and personal growth. She has worked extensively with young people and children struggling with mood disorders, bullying, school and social issues, body image and self-harm, attachment disorders, grief and trauma, family separation and developmental disorders. The first step can be a phone call to talk through how counselling may be of assistance in your unique situation. .

What you will need for an initial appointment:
- A referral from your G.P.
- Medicare card and mental health care plan to receive the Medicare rebate.
- If applicable, your claim number for WorkCover/DVA/TAC/ComCare.